Would you like to take a class that interests you but doesn't fit into your regular course load at Grove City College? Finish your general education requirements sooner? Lighten your regular semester course load? Get a semester's worth of instruction and earn three credits in just two weeks? Save money?
If you answered “Yes” to any of those questions, consider signing up for January Intersession or Winter Online courses. The courses are only available to registered Grove City College students.
The College is offering 20 Winter Intersession classes between Jan. 7 and 19, 2019, just before the spring semester starts. The intensive courses cover a range of subjects and academic disciplines and offer a number of advantages, including a singular focus on one class, small class sizes and the undivided attention of professors. Intersession courses are only open to Grove City College students.
Classes are held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Saturday with a break for lunch. Housing is available, but if campus is close to home, you can sample the commuter lifestyle and save a couple of hundred dollars. And if all you're doing over winter break is hanging out at your parents' house, why not use that time wisely, complete a class and start the spring semester early?
Registration for intersession courses opens Thursday, Oct. 25. Juniors can begin signing up Nov. 1; sophomores on Nov. 8; and freshmen on Nov. 15. Don’t miss your chance to be part of Intersession at Grove City College.
Classes offered during intersession include:
- ACCT 202 – Principles of Accounting II
- COMM 290 – Study: Screenwriting the Short Film
- ENGR 274 – Mathematical Methods
- HUMA 102 – Civ/Biblical Revelation
- HUMA 200 – Western Civ: Foundations
- HUMA 202 – Civ/Literature
- HUMA 301 – Civ/The Arts
- HUMA 303 – Christianity and Civilization
- LATN 290 – Study: Reading Latin
- MECE 303 – Computer-Aided Manufacturing
- MNGT 214 – Business, Ethics and Society
- PHIL 211 – General Logic
- SCIC 202 – Life Science
- SCIC 203 – Atoms, Molecules and the Material World
Additionally, the College offers a slate of 18 Winter Online courses from Dec. 19, 2018, through Jan. 19, 2019, that share many of the advantages of Intersession offerings with the added benefit of not having to leave the house. Students may register for online classes through Dec. 18.
Online courses include:
- ACCT 201 – Principles of Accounting I
- DESI 110 – Design Software for Beginners
- EDUC 203 – Culturally Relevant Pedagogy
- EDUC 390 A – Professional Learning Networks
- EDUC 390 B – Study: Teaching Online
- ENGR 274 – Mathematical Methods – Engineering
- EXER 203 – Exercise Psychology
- EXER 215 – Medical Terminology
- EXER 242 – Prevention Treatment of Chronic Disease
- EXER 245 – Exercise Neurobiology
- EXER 344 – Life Cycle Nutrition
- HUMA 202 – Civ/Literature
- MATH 111 – Pre Calculus
- MNGT 303 – Business Law
- PSYC 208 – Social Psychology
- SCIC 201 – Fundamentals of the Universe
- WRIT 310 – Business Communication
For information about January Intersession and Winter Online terms, visit: www.gcc.edu/registrar.
To register, visit my.gcc.edu, click the Academics tab and use the Course Search Portlet to find and register for classes.