Grove City College and Olde Town Grove City are pleased to present GroveFest on Saturday, Oct. 7, 2017.
The downtown event, featuring fun, food, music, art and activities for the whole family, coincides with this year’s College Homecoming. The annual parade is one of the day’s featured events.
- Outdoor music on College Avenue presented by Thomas Construction.
- Children's Activities on the lawn of the Methodist Church presented by Grove City Realty.
- Wine tastings from Deer Creek Winery at Natural Options and Nova Wine Cellars at Nancy's Hair Loft.
- Great food from our Olde Town merchants and guest food vendors.
- Beautiful art from local and regional artists and artisans.
- Merchant specials from Olde Town businesses.
GroveFest visitors will also have a chance to meet LuLu, the “Bunnies on Broad Street” bunny, and go on an Olde Town bunny scavenger hunt.
The College’s Office of Alumni & College Relations has been working closely with Olde Town Grove City, a non-profit organization committed to economic development, physical improvements and the promotion of downtown, on GroveFest.
"We are so excited about working with Grove City College," Mary Jo Palmer, Olde Town Organization Chair and co-owner of b'gifted, said. "We will be able to show off our best to alums and locals alike – great food, unique retail and all the extra fun we'll be bringing in for the day."
The College is sponsoring a local business storefront decorating contest judged by faculty from the Department of Communications and Visual Arts. Grove City College students will also be decorating empty storefronts.
“Grove City College is excited to be a part of GroveFest and proud to partner with Olde Town Grove City on this fantastic event,” Melissa MacLeod ’96, senior director of Alumni & College Relations, said. “The College and the community have always had a wonderful relationship. This effort is particularly exciting because of the Homecoming tie-in. We believe the activity downtown will augment enjoyment of the day by alumni and friends who visit campus.”
For more information about Grove City College Homecoming, visit www.alumni.gcc.edu/homecoming.