The Grove City College Touring Choir kicks off its annual Spring Tour on Saturday, Feb. 24. The choir will perform at churches in Ohio, Michigan and Illinois.
The Touring Choir is comprised of singers from a variety of majors who are selected through a rigorous audition process. They seek to praise and glorify God and to minister to others through the medium of music, striving together to achieve choral excellence. In addition to its annual spring tour, the choir performs for churches and schools in the Western Pennsylvania area, at various campus events and the annual spring tour.
Dr. Katherine Mueller, assistant professor of Music, directs the Touring Choir. The tour’s program includes works by Palestrina, Grieg, Brahms, Bass, and Moses Hogan.
Spring tour dates and locations are:
- Feb. 24 – Bay Presbyterian Church, Bay Village, Ohio. 7 p.m.
- Feb. 25 – Lakewood Anglican (Gethsemane Lutheran Church), Lakewood, Ohio. 11:15 a.m.
- Feb. 25 – Parkside Church Green Campus, Uniontown, Ohio. 6 p.m.
- Feb. 26 – Crosspointe Christian Church, Grosse Pointe Woods, Mich. 7 p.m.
- Feb. 27 – College Baptist Church, Hillsdale, Mich. 7 p.m.
- Feb. 28 – Concert at First Presbyterian Church, Evanston, Ill. 7:30 p.m.
- March 2 – Sawyer Highlands Church, Sawyer, Mich. 7: p.m.
- March 3 – Grace United Methodist Church, Dayton, Ohio. 7 p.m.
- March 4 – Grace United Methodist Church (Sunday service), Dayton, Ohio. 10:30 a.m.
The Touring Choir returns to campus for a performance at 4 p.m. Saturday, March 10 in Harbison Chapel. For complete details on the Touring Choir’s tour, visit www.gcc.edu/tcspringtour.